- 500g Kangaroo fillets, diced in 3 cm cubes
- 2 small brown onions, chopped in segments
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp each of Native pepper, aniseed myrtle and wildfire spice
- Sprig rosemary, chopped
Combine allspice, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, native herbs, parsley and garlic in a bowl. Add diced kangaroo to marinade and leave for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Thread meat and onion alternatively onto wooden skewers.
Cook on BBQ or heated grill until cooked through approx 10 minutes.
- 200g low fat plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ juice of a lime
- 1 clove garlic crush
- Salt pepper
Mix all ingredients together season to taste
- 2 x 300g chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- ? cup (80ml) tahini
- (60ml) Lemon juice
- ? cup (80ml) water
Blend or process ingredients until almost smooth.
- 4cup couscous
- 4 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 red and 1 green capsicum in small dice (brunoise)
- 1 zucchini in small dice (brunoise)
- 1egg plant in small dice (brunoise)
- 3 tbsp each of Native pepper, aniseed myrtle, lemon myrtle and wildfire spice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Juice of three oranges
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 and1/2 cup of mixed Sultana, red currant and pine nuts
Put couscous in small bowl; mix all the dry ingredients, vegetables and herbs.
Pour the juice of the oranges and lemon and with a spoon aerate. Add some of the olive oil, and warm stock, little bit at the time. Keep aerating with a spoon, the couscous need to stay firm, not soggy. Cover and keep in fridge, before using if the couscous is still to firm add a bit more stock.
- 4 lavash bread 12 inches
- Mix mesclun
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
Put some hummus then your salad green on lavash bread, top with some of the couscous and finish with the kebab. Drizzle with the yoghurt dressing, make a nice roll and serve.