- Self raising flour (1 cup)
- Water (1/2cup for each
- Sugar (4 tsp sugar)
- Macadamia nuts, ground (150g)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Rub flour sugar, salt, between fingers to remove any lumps.
- Add oil and water and mix together.
- Once the mixture is gooey add macadamia nuts to get thicker consistency. More water may be needed, add as required. (Ideal scone consistency is thicker than cake batter)
- Heat oil in heavy-based frying pan
- Add batter to pan in 1.5 cm thick lots (an egg ring gives prefect size)
- Cook first side for 2-3minutes, flip and cook
- Remove from pan and cut into quarters
- Serve with a Native Australia jam and cream
Try this delicious treat as a variation for the traditional scones and strawberry jam. The ground macadamia ass a delicious nutty depth tot he scone batterand the Australian Native Bushfood Jams have a wonderful texture and flavour that chain store brought jams don’t come close to. We recommend with a Fingerlime Jam or marmalade or a rosella infused jam to give an extra tart taste. These contrast magnificently with the nutty scone and the rich cream.
This recipe has been loving developed and prepared by Kallico Catering. Kallico are a great catering business servicing the entire Sydney region with a range of delicious menus aimed at any function or event. They have a special bush food menu for those who want a mouthwatering and unique function, and also provide a range of standard packages from hot canape platters to corporate lunches and sandwich. Their delivery and set-up means that all the stress is taken out of your event. See their contact details on our listings page.